1. Starting price from…. What does that include?
Our website provides pricing for our homes that states “Starting Price From”. This price provides you with a guide to see what is going to work with your budget.
The starting from price includes, and makes the following assumptions:
- final fixed price contract value is subject to final council approval & supplier price fluctuations between now & when your HIA Contract document is prepared
- maximum fall over the site of 1000mm if using elevated floor OR 300mm fall if using a concrete slab, soil type being A, S or M
- wall cladding being Colorbond® corrugated in horizontal OR cement sheet based product such as James Hardie Scyon™ (including painting)
- building site being less than 50km road distance from Sorell (outside 50km POA)
- all town service connections such as water, sewer, phone & storm water within 12 metres of the dwelling
- No allowance for BAL, rock breaker / rock removal, brick facade, driveway or landscaping
As there are many variables when building a new home, we like to quote each job on an individual basis so that we include the items that are required as well as those items that you wish to have. It is your home after all!
Why not call us today to discuss your dream home. You will be pleasantly surprised as to what we can achieve. Call 1300 737 910.
2. What price do you charge per square metre?
An average home contains hundreds of different ‘ingredients’ including carpet, bricks, tiles, taps, sinks, paint, timber, glass etc. And all of these materials come in different qualities. On top of that, the way in which these materials are assembled into a finished house differs in quality and attention to detail.
The variances are almost infinite. So comparing one builder’s price of $1,800 per square metre to another’s price of $3,000 per square metre is exactly like trying to compare an orange with a lemon. The differences are many, not just the price.
If you would like to discuss the cost of your new home, contact us on 1300 737 910.
3. Can I modify your designs?
You can most certainly modify any one of our designs. At Rainbow, nothing is standard and we want to ensure you receive the home you want. Our designs provide you with a basis to work from and we can then tailor each aspect to suit your lifestyle. Or if you have your own design we can certainly work from that too.
Rainbow are there to make your dreams a reality. Call us on 1300 737 910 to discuss the next steps.
4. How long will it take to build my new home?
Building a home is not a race and we like to make sure that we handover to you the best quality new home possible. The timeframe for building a new home will vary depending on the size of your new home and the site, but in general we allow between 26 and 40 weeks.
5. What is a soil report and why do I need one?
A soil report is a report based on a series of soil samples taken from your block of land. By testing the soil in various locations it enables our engineers to classify your soil type and provide the appropriate footing system for your home.